Sunday, February 3, 2013

Contemporary Vs Traditional

I'm always looking at residential design since I work in the real estate industry and I just love looking at dream homes. My boyfriend loves contemporary/modern design which makes sense since he is an architect!  But I like more traditional/organic/ rustic design.  So how do you create a happy balance between entirely opposite aesthics? Well I think I have found a great fusion between the two! Below are contemporary homes with warmth infused into the design through the use of wood and even concrete materials.  Although darkness seems to evoke a more cold exterior in these instances the darker tones produce a homey feeling.  The wood textures present the rustic/outdoor environment, while the sleek/neutral tones bring forth a contemporary vibe.

  









No comments:

Post a Comment